TOPICS COVERED IN THIS ARTICLE:
- How to import leads from a spreadsheet
- LeadManager – Standard and Plus editions
- Microsoft Excel
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS:
This page contains video and written instructions.
- Click Import Leads on the Lead Management
- The Import Leads page will load
- Click the Download Import Template link
- Click Save the save file button and save the template on your computer
- Next you have to open twospreadsheets:
A. The import template spreadsheet you just downloaded - This is an empty spreadsheet that is named by LeadManager and depending on your industry it will be called something like: Mortgage2.2.ImportTemplate.xls. This spreadsheet does not contain any lead information. The reason you need to use this spreadsheet when importing leads is that LeadManager can only map the lead data correctly if the spreadsheet columns are in this exact order. It is important that you do not change the order of the columns.
B. The spreadsheet that contains your existing leads - This is your spreadsheet, named by you. For this example it is called: My-Existing-Leads-Spreadsheet.xlsx.
- The next step is to copy the lead data from My-Existing-Leads-Spreadsheet.xlsx to Mortgage2.2.ImportTemplate.xls without changing the order of the columns in the BPT.Mortgage2.2.ImportTemplate.xls.
- When this is done, Mortgage2.2.ImportTemplate.xls should look like this:
- Note that there is a limit of 1.000 leads, so if you have more than that you will need to break it up into batches of 999 plus column header. Just copy and paste the downloaded template to create as many as you need.
- When you have added all of your lead data to the spreadsheet, save and close it.
- In this example, it will be saved as My-Existing-Leads-Ready-To-Import.xls
- Now go back to the Import Leads page in LeadManager and click the Browsebutton on the line that reads File to Upload.
- When the explorer window opens, select the file and click Open.
- After clicking the open button, you will be back on the Import Leads page and you will see your leads spreadsheet is ready to be imported.
- Select the Campaign, Statusand User you'd like the leads to be associated with when they enter the system. In the above example, when leads are imported they will be associated with the Self Generated campaign; they will be in the New status; and they will all be assigned to the user named Richard Greene.
- If you would like the leads to be distributed by automatic distribution, import the leads set the Status and User dropdowns to Newand --Select User-- respectively.
- Click the Simulatebutton to test that there are no errors in the lead data, and click the Import
- If you encounter errors when simulating the import, make sure that all of your lead data has been copied into the columns in the import template correctly, and make sure that the order of the columns has not been changed.