TOPICS COVERED IN THIS ARTICLE:
- Setting an action to trigger a status change
- LeadManager – Advanced Edition only
STEP BY STEP INSTRUTIONS:
Statuses and actions combine to help you create a workflow for your sales leads. When a user takes an action on the lead -- indicating that they placed a phone call, qualified the lead, etc. -- the lead will automatically change statuses to reflect where it now is in the workflow. To create that association between statuses and actions, follow these steps.
- Navigate to Menu - Administration - Manage Status
- Click the Actionslink next to the status you want to edit
- Move any action you want to display in this status from the left menu, Available Actions, over to the right menu, Actions in Status [New]
- When you want an action to trigger a status change, click on the action in the menu off to the right
- After you click on the action you will see a button called Trigger Status Changethat has a Status dropdown to the right of it. Select the status you want the action to change to from the dropdown menu, then select Trigger Status Change.
- If you did the steps correctly you should now see in the menu to the right the action you had selected with a (Change Status to) text beside it.
Here is an example from the image above:
Contacted: Withdrawn (Change Status to Inactive)
This shows that when the lead is in the status of "New," then the action "Contacted: Withdrawn" will change the status to "Inactive."
Advanced Clients may also find these articles helpful:
How To Report When A Status Change Occurs
How To Report When An Action Is Taken On A Lead Record