- Some leads are not distributing.
Note: these steps require an Administrator access distribution programs.
Distribution programs can be accessed by:
Accessing the Menu page by clicking on your name in the upper right of the header.
Under Lead Management, click on Lead Distribution
Confirm there is a distribution program setup for the leads in question
Distribution programs picks up leads based on the filters within the program. The default distribution program looks for:
- Unassigned leads
- In the default Status (The default Status is "New" for most databases)
- With zero Actions in the log.
Or current distribution programs have not been edited to look for the leads in question.
A Distribution program is setup to distribute leads in the Website campaign but the “stuck” leads are in the Website Two campaign
Edit the distribution program filters to include the new leads or create a new distribution just for those leads.
Note: creation of distribution programs or editing of current distribution program filters are options available to Advanced Edition clients only.
Check to see if users are set to receive "0" (zero) leads per day
This is the default setting for all new distribution programs.
Users set to zero will not receive any leads from this program.
Edit the user filters so users can receive one or more leads.
- Locate User, then click on Set User Max Leads.
- Set to desired quantities or leave blank for unlimited.
Confirm the distribution program is enabled
Enable distribution program.
- Look for the Enabled column and click on the blue No link to toggle to Yes
Check to see if the user(s) has 'Receiving Leads" turned off
On the Manage Users page, check the values in the Receiving leads column for each user.
Users can toggle this setting via the leads: ON button.
Check to see if the distribution program has a page view requirement for users
Ensure users are logged in and using the LeadManager.
- Click the Edit link associated with a distribution program and increase the page view requirement on the Program Details
Check to see if users have reached their "Max Lead" quotas.
Compare the Max Lead quotas set for each user against the distribution logs.
• If the "Recycle" feature is enabled, be aware that each lead assigned to a user will count against their quota, even if the lead is re-assigned from them due to non-activity. This prevents users from acting only on attractive leads and ignoring others.
• Do not set recycle times too low, otherwise users will not have enough time to work each lead distributed to them. We recommend setting the recycle time no lower than 30 minutes.
• Do not use the Recycle feature unless you are also using either the Schedule or Page View Requirement features. If you do not use one of these features, the distribution program will assign and reassign leads to your users throughout the night. This will "max-out" your users prematurely and may send dozens of errant emails.
• Ensure that quotas reflect the number of leads purchased each day. If 10 users receive 10 leads per day, only 100 leads per day can be distributed. If leads are between users, capacity declines. Please note that the Max Leads setting offers two ways of measuring a day:
On the user or groups set max settings page, the upper setting always you to set maximum leads in increments per minute, hours, or days.
If using the per day function please note that this day is a 24 hour window set from the first time the person receives a lead. For instance, if it is currently 1pm on Thursday, this Max Leads setting would not send a user leads if they have received 5 or more leads since 1pm on Wednesday.
The other setting half of this page references setting a "daily maximum"
This setting when used sets the maximum per calendar day. So if the intent is to allow a user a max of 12 leads on any given day, this is the recommended setting to use.
Check to see if users have restrictive filters that do not match the leads being distributed.
Example: John User has a filter that reads: "State contains CA, NY, IL (restrictive)" however, the only available leads are Nevada state leads.
- Click on Set User Filters to Edit user filters to include the additional value – in this case, Nevada.
- Click Edit to add NV to the filter
- Click Update Filter
Check to see if users’ filters or distribution program filters have conflicting filters.
- Each filter is considered individually. Suppose two filters exist - "Status equal to "New"" and "Status equal to 'Old'."
- The user will not receive leads or the distribution program will not distribute leads because a lead cannot be in two statuses at once.
- Edit filters to ensure there are no conflicts.