Custom Lead Conversion
Use the new Custom Lead Conversion feature to convert your Salesforce Leads into Account, Contacts, Opportunities. It is recommended that you configure Custom Lead Conversion as the last step in your processes, so that all actions on the lead are included in the converted record.
The Custom Conversion provides the ability to define custom conversion pages within Velocify processes to be used as reps take action on their assigned records. This process applies to all Velocify enabled objects, standard or custom in your Velocify Pulse instance.
Before you start the Custom Conversion configuration, you need the following:
- Allow browser pop-ups
- Acquire your custom conversion URL from your Visualforce page in Salesforce instance.
Custom Conversion pages are displayed as a pop-up window within the Velocify Pulse instance. You need to enable your browser pop-up to access the Custom Conversion window.
To Acquire your Custom Conversion URL:
1. From the top menu, select Setup.
2. In the Setup page, go to the Search field and search for your Visualforce page.
3. Click the Visualforce Pages
4. Click the link corresponding to your Visualforce page.
5. On the Visualforce Page Details page, click one of the Preview buttons.
6. Copy the URL from your browser’s address field.
7. Paste the URL into a document.
Define Conversion URLS
The SalesFlow menu in the Velocify Admin tab has been updated with a new Conversion URLs option.
Use this setting to configure/define the custom conversion URL for your Salesforce objects.
NOTE: Each Salesforce object can only have one conversion URL assigned to it.
Define your Custom Conversion URL
1. From your Custom Conversion Detail page, click the App Launcher icon on the top left corner of the page.
2. Click the Velocify Admin tab. From the SalesFlow option, click Conversion URLs.
NOTE: The Conversion Urls page displays all the SalesForce objects configured for Velocify.
The standard objects, Contact, Account, Opportunity, and Lead are listed at the bottom of the page, and custom defined objects for your organization (if any) are displayed on the top.
3. Paste your Conversion URL into the relevant Salesforce object field, and click Save.
The Processes page has been updated with a Custom Conversion option.
Use the options on the Processes page, along with the new Custom Conversion option to create processes with your conversion URL.
For the purpose of this exercise, we will create a process to custom convert your opportunity to lead/contact.
To Define a Custom Conversion Process
1. Click the Velocify Admin tab, and from the SalesFlow menu, go to Processes.
2. In the Processes page, click the New Process button.
3. In the New Process page, type name of the process.
4. In the Process Flow step, click + Criteria.
5. In the Edit Criteria panel, define your criteria.
- From the Trigger drop-down list, select a value.
- Click Add Another Row to add more criteria for your process.
- From the Entry Criteria drop-down list, select a value.
- Use the drop-down fields to build your criteria.
- Click Add Another Row to include additional criteria.
- Repeat steps as needed to build the criteria.
6. Click Update Fields to define the fields to be displayed to the user when this action is committed.
- In the Update Fields panel, select from the drop-down list.
7. Click + Step to add steps to the process.
- From the Available Steps window, select a value, such as Convert Lead.
8. Click Custom Conversion to display the Edit Custom Conversion panel.
9. In the Edit Custom Conversion panel, select the Enable Custom Conversion check box to activate the Custom Conversion box/feature.
NOTE: Your custom conversion URL is pre-populated and cannot be edited.
10. Click the Save button
Using Custom Conversion
After the Velocify Pulse admin configures Custom Conversion using the Velocify Admin options, users can implement the feature using the options in the Velocify tab within their Salesforce/Pulse instance.
For the purpose of this exercise, we will execute on the configuration example documented in Processes section above.
To Use Custom Conversion
1. From your Velocify Pulse instance, click the Velocify tab.
2. Go to a lead record, and from the Actions drop-down list, select a value such as Take Action.
3. From the Take Action drop-down list, select Custom Conversion.
4. Click Next.
5. Click Commit Action to launch your Custom Conversion window.
NOTE: The Custom Conversion page displays as a pop-up window. Pop-ups in browser to access this window.
6. In the Custom Conversion window, update fields as required, and then click the Custom Conversion button.
7. Close the Custom Conversion window.
8. Go to your Velocify Home page.
- Note that your record is struck through, indicating that the custom conversion action was successful.
Lightning Dialer Beta Version was released with Pulse 18.2 and is now available with this release. Use the Click to Dial and Dial features within the Lightning Dialer.
NOTE: After Lightning Dialer has been enabled, Velocify Pulse administrators need to configure the application for their instance.
Once Pulse is configured and available in your instance, you need to contact your account representative to receive a new adapter. Additional setup is required using the new adapter information.
Configure Pulse Lightning in Velocify
1. Log into Velocify Pulse and click Switch to Lightning Experience.
2. From the Setup drop-down menu, click Setup.
3. Go to the Quick Find field.
4. In the Quick Find field, type App Manager, and then click the search result.
5. In the Setup Lightning Experience App Manager banner, click the New Lightning App button.
6. Name and customize your new app and click Next.
7. In the App Options window, go to the Navigation Style section, and click Standard navigation.
8. Click the Next button
9. In the Utility Bar window, click the Add button, and from the drop-down list, select Open CTI Softphone.
10. Click Next.
11. In the Select Items window
- Go to the Available Items section, select Velocify and then click the Add button.
- From the Available Items section, select Velocify Admin, and then click the Add button.
12. In the Assign to User Profiles window, from the Available Profiles section, add Standard User and System Administrator, and then click Save & Finish.
NOTE: Pulse Lightning is now displayed the following locations:
Contact Pulse Account Manager
After the initial setup of Pulse Lightning, reach out to your Velocify Pulse administrator for your new adapter.
Configure Call Center Adapter
NOTE: It is strongly recommended that this process is first tested in the sandbox environment, or in the production environment when users are not operating their phones.
Follow the steps listed below to configure the new adapter:
1. From your Setup menu, search for Call Centers, and then click the search result.
2. Click the Edit link and in the Edit page, rename the current Call Center Adapter Name and Description, (for example: Velocify Call Center Adapterold) and then click Save.
3. Click the Import button.
4. In the Call Center Import page, click the Choose File button, and from your computer, select the Call Center adapter xml file received from your account manager.
5. Click the Import button
6. Use the Setup menu to reassign all Velocify users to the new Call Center Adapter, from each user’s setup details page.
- Click Setup, and in the Setup Home page, point to the Users menu, and then click Users.
- Click the Edit link corresponding to the user to whom you want to assign the new call center.
- Go to the Call Center field, and click the Search icon.
- In the Lookup window, type the name of your call center adapter, and then click the Go! button.
- From the Search Results list, click the new call center adapter.
- In the User Details page, click the Save
- Repeat steps for all your users.
7. From the Setup Home page, go back to your Call Centers page, and delete the old Velocify Call Center Adapter.
Call Made Action Log
Dialed number is now added to the Activity Log to provide more context, including which number you have had the most success with (Home, Office, or Mobile, etc.).
Periodic Refresh of Access Token
Starting with this release, access tokens are periodically refreshed to enhanced performance.
Distribution Rules Page Updated with Pull Options
The Distribution Method section of the Distribution Rules page has been updated with Pull options.
NOTE: Pull Distribution was included in the Velocify Pulse 18.2 Release.
The old Priority View has been disabled for all customers/instances.
The following issues have been fixed with this release:
- Related Records did not display on Detail and List View pages
- Email Composer: Reauthenticate email messages were displayed for instances that were not configured for emails. (VP-1398)
- Custom Lookup Fields (List View): List View, within the Velocify tab, with custom lookup field columns displayed incorrectly