New Email Notification Options for SMS Messages
New configuration options are now available for email notifications that enable administrators the ability to send SMS via email in two different variations when users are logged out. These settings enable users to be notified via email when they receive an SMS message when they are logged out.
The following new radio buttons are now provided on the Client Settings > SMS tab in a new Email Notification Options section:
- Email users a copy of incoming text messages only if user is logged out when text is received.
- This is the default selection and product behavior prior to this release.
- When this option is selected, any time a user is logged out when they receive an SMS message from one of their leads, a copy of the text message will also be emailed to the user.
- Always email users a copy of incoming text messages.
- When this option is selected, the user will be emailed a copy of every incoming SMS message from the user's leads, regardless of whether the user was logged in.
- Give users control over when copies of incoming text messages should be emailed.
- If this option is selected, then the My Settings section for each user will include this new radio button group in the User Messaging Email Options section:
- Email me a copy of my incoming text messages only if I am logged out when text is received. (default)
- Always email me a copy of my incoming text messages.
For all of these settings, as it is today, messages will always be sent to SMS message window in Velocify. These Email Notification options are additional to receiving messages in the SMS message window.
To Access Email Notification Options:
- Click the Menu icon (i.e., your name or initials) in the top tool bar, and then click Client Settings in the Preferences column.
- Click the SMS Settings
- Select an option for the Email Notifications Options.
When Give users control… is selected in the SMS Settings tab, the User Messaging Email Options setting in User Settings is automatically updated with the Email me a copy… option selection. Users can then proceed with this selection, or manually select the Always email me a copy… option.
When Always email me a copy of my incoming text messages is selected, the User Messaging Email Options panel is no longer displayed in the Notifications section of User Settings. Users will receive emails corresponding to every SMS.
NOTE: To access User Settings, from the menu bar, click your name, and in the Preferences column, click My Settings.
New Character Counter in SMS Message Window
A new character counter is now displayed at the bottom of SMS message window when corresponding with a lead.
- The counter displays 0/500 by default, and then increments by one with every character typed.
- When the character counter reaches 500/500, no more characters can be typed.
- Editing or backspacing that deletes characters decrements the counter and enables more typing if less than 500 characters have already been typed.
- Sending an SMS message resets the character counter to 0/500.
Issue Resolved: When Lead Opts Out From SMS, Assigned User Unable to Archive the Message From Their SMS Message Window
An issue related to SMS opt out messages occurred for agents. After receiving a “Stop” SMS message from a lead through the SMS message window to opt out of receiving SMS messages, the agent received an error message when they tried to archive it.
This issue has been resolved. The conversation will now be archived automatically when a lead opts out. After the lead opts out, ‘The lead is opted out’ will display at the bottom of the window.
Note that when you attempt to archive an opt out SMS message, you should see a message ‘Already archived’ and be taken back to the chat list view.
A Cannot send due to opt-out Message Now Displays When Attempting to Send an SMS Message to Any Lead Who Uses an Opted-Out Phone Number
An issue occurred when two or more leads used the same SMS phone number. After initiating an SMS conversation with a lead, they can reply “Stop” to opt out of receiving additional SMS messages from the agent. If the agent attempted to send an SMS message to the lead after they have opted out, the agent received a “Cannot send due to opt-out” message and the message was not sent. However, if the agent attempted to send an SMS message to a different lead using the same phone number, the “Cannot send due to opt-out” message was not displayed, and it appeared that the SMS message was sent to the lead. (The SMS message was actually not sent to the second lead.)
This issue has been resolved and the “Cannot send due to opt-out” message is now displayed any time an agent attempts to send an SMS message to a lead with a phone number that has been opted out of receiving SMS messages.
Upon Confirmation of SMS Message Opt Out, SMS Chat Window Transitions from Normal Operation to the Opted Out Mode
After receiving an SMS opt-out message from a lead (i.e., “Stop”), the SMS message window now automatically transitions from the normal operation view to the opted out mode (shown below). Previously, the message window was not transitioning to the opted out mode.
Lead’s Replies Not Displaying in SMS Messenger Window
A rare issue occurred for some agents sending SMS messages back and forth with a lead, where the lead’s replies were not displaying in the SMS message window even though the lead was sending valid replies (and these replies were present in the History log). This issue has been resolved and the lead’s replies are now displaying in the SMS message window as expected.
When Archiving a Conversation, Then Re-Opening the Conversation, Messages Are Not Displayed Properly
A rare issue occurred for some agents when they archived a conversation with a lead, then re-opened the conversation. Sometimes, the messages did not display properly. This issue has been resolved and the messages are now displaying in the SMS message window as expected.